I found the greenest place in Jordan yesterday--so green that it made me think of Scotland. Where was this magical green paradise? It was high up in the mountains above Salt in a place called "Mountain Breeze Country Club." Counter to what the name might imply, the main activity at this country club is actually paintball!
I headed up to the "country club" with a group of friends as part of an events group that organized the outing. I went, however, knowing it was to hang out with friends rather than actually play paintball. As I tried to explain to my friends, I have never had the desire to get shot at with pellets of paint, and especially not by a bunch of intense looking guys (one came wearing a bandana with a skeleton on it and another brought his own cammo pants). My friends tried to convince me otherwise, but I was unwavering in my conviction that paintball is the combination of numerous nightmares I've had since childhood, so watching would be my best bet. I must say that my favorite part was watching everyone walk out in their cammo gear and pose for the camera.
The other highlight of the outing? Shooting these creepy looking mannequins at the range. That's definitely my idea of paintball--shooting at a target, not being the target. No cammo needed!
1 comment:
Cammo fashion show - I love it!
Post a Comment