Saturday, December 22, 2012

Finding Christmas Day 9: Frankfurt Christmas Market by Day


Well, it's pretty obvious the next few posts are coming to you unbelievably late, but I hope you didn't think I'd leave you hanging (because I'd never do that!). The good news is that today is technically "the twelfth day of Christmas" so I'm actually finishing up my "Twelve Days of Christmas" series at an appropriate time. It's a Christmas miracle! If you can believe it, Germany had terrible internet (and by Germany, I mean the nice hotels we stayed in). That's right, folks, I was eagerly awaiting my return to Jordan to find good internet once again (the irony!). My return to Jordan, however, also coincided with seven days of the flu. Nothing says Happy New Year like a little bout of influenza!

Last I left off, my family and I were about to start a German Christmas cruise. I even mentioned the fear of the river possibly freezing over and making it hard for the boat to sail. Well rest assured that this did not happen. There was actually too much water from a big snow ten days earlier that had since melted in unseasonably warm temperatures and made it impossible for the ship to sail some sections of our itinerary due to high water and low bridges. This was bad news for our fearless cruise director Hendrik who had to continually tweak our itinerary, but good news for Christmas market fans like me--we got to spend not one, but two days in Frankfurt which had the most extensive Christmas market on the itinerary. And it was beautiful.
































To be continued...

No comments: