Thursday, December 20, 2012

A German Christmas Cruise

I'm off to the airport to catch an early flight to Frankfurt, Germany (2:45am to be exact which just happens to be my standard flight out of Jordan). I'll be meeting my parents and sister for a 10 day Christmas vacation. I'm beyond excited to not only see them and get a break from Jordan, but to also see some of the famous German Christmas markets (where most our family ornaments originate from).

I've been guilty of watching Rick Steve's European Christmas special one too many times and have always wanted to spend a Christmas in Europe (and take a European river cruise!). And that's exactly what my family and I will be doing. So long as the Main River is not frozen, we'll be cruising from Frankfurt to Miltenberg and Wertheim to Wurzberg and Rothenburg (via bus) to Bamberg and Nuremberg and, finally, to Prague (by bus--random, I know). So bring on the good beer, gluhwein, and pork, Germany! I am ready!

No comments: