We spent both Wednesday and Thursday exploring downtown Toronto, even though the TIFF (Toronto International Film Festival) forced us to stay out in the 'burbs due to high hotel prices. We still saw a lot, despite mega rush hour traffic. I absolutely loved Toronto. I could actually see myself living there, most likely because it reminded me a lot of Chicago but (dare I say) a bit cooler. There were a ton of ethnic areas as well as a lot of street art and what looked like a lively group of people that lived there. The Canadian beer and wine doesn't hurt!
| Lake Ontario--Toronto perspective |
| Toronto skyline--CN tower in the middle |
| Chinatown! With Vietnamese and Japanese thrown in |
| The Art Gallery of Ontario was located in Chinatown |
| One of the most amazing things I've seen in awhile--the Lucky Moose! |
| Art Gallery of Ontario |
| The CN Tower and Ontario College of Art and Design |
| Frank Gehry redesign in the AGO |
| A different perspective |
| Another section of the redesign |
| Awesome Inuit statue we saw: "Mother delousing child" |
| Toronto is still a working port, fyi. |
| These spray painted bikes were all over |
| CANADA!!! |
No comments:
Post a Comment