Saturday, August 14, 2010

Spell Check!

In any non-English speaking country, it's quite fun to look for funny English errors (China is a gold mine when it comes to this activity). But we've all found some pretty bad ones in Syria (some of which we've been fortunate to catch on film). The problem is that there is no letter equivalent to "p" in Arabic so "Pepsi" becomes "Beepsee" and this leads to issues like the first two pictures. Please note the first three epic mistakes are from the SAME menu. Don't worry, I didn't order anything from it.

Flavored herpes (herbs)

Fried crap (crab)

Homos with meat and pine nut (hummus)

Fried aborigines (aubergines which is French for "eggplant"

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is great! Flavored herpes are my favorite.

Unknown said...

I definitely just laughed out loud...to myself...hilarious!

One Ton Bandit said...

I'll start with the flavored herpes and end with some chicken straps...