So, it thunder snowed today! Somewhat surprisingly, honestly. The government cancelled work early in the morning when it was still only rain in my neighborhood. It eventually started actually snowing (although not really sticking, just turning into slush on the rain-saturated roads), but then it turned into rain again.
Alysa and I ventured out during the break in snow (pre-rain) and took some pictures. We walked by kids preparing for snowball fights (with plastic bags as gloves) and also saw cars slipping and sliding. Considering Amman doesn't have proper infrastructure for heavy rains, it certainly doesn't have salt and sand down on the streets for the snow. All really important resources in a very hilly city!
Apparently the area near the University of Jordan (which is higher elevation than my neighborhood) has 2-3 inches, although it started snowing again around here this evening and we now have about the same. I can't believe I'm blogging about such little snow when compared to my experiences in Chicago, but the forecast for tomorrow calls for more snow so I'll try to get some more pictures if that happens!
Apparently the area near the University of Jordan (which is higher elevation than my neighborhood) has 2-3 inches, although it started snowing again around here this evening and we now have about the same. I can't believe I'm blogging about such little snow when compared to my experiences in Chicago, but the forecast for tomorrow calls for more snow so I'll try to get some more pictures if that happens!

2 comments:
wait, wait, wait. snow in amman. no snow in chicago. i'm confused...
~sara r.
YUP! Crazy (but apparently normal)
Post a Comment