I MOVED to my own apartment!!! Woot!
While living with a family the past two summers was an awesome experience (I seriously have four new sisters and a brother as a result!), I knew I wanted my own space for the next 10 months. After living on my own for three years, I know it would be hard for me to continue sharing a room for a full year, especially when there was not a lot of space to unpack or set up a desk area. I also had a 10:30 pm curfew and no key, which meant I had to buzz myself up every time I came home. There are little things in life that one enjoys, and I have learned that having a key to your own place is very nice!
 |
This is my old room, taken a few nights ago! The family rearranged
the upstairs apartment to host the second eldest's engagement party.
The nice thing about having my own place is that my living space
doesn't get caught up in events like this! |
I technically moved in about two weeks ago, but spent the first three days scrubbing, rearranging, and organizing to get the apartment ready for Kristen's arrival. I've had a little more time to organize now that I'm back from my trip, and I am currently doing the finishing touches.
 |
| Living room with the same TV I have at home! |
 |
| Living Room View |
 |
| Awkward den area on the other end of the living room |
 |
| Rooftop views |
The apartment is in an awesome neighborhood that is older so it is easy to walk around in (my old neighborhood consisted of wide streets and lots of cars). I also love that there are tons of stores and restaurants nearby which I can WALK to! The whole building is managed by one landlord and he is very responsive to my calls. There is also a beautiful jasmine bush outside that perfumes the apartment at night, although I think I might have a slight allergy to it...
4 comments:
Ooohhh the apt looks great! Hope your are feeling settled in and enjoying your new place!
Thanks, Chels! Miss you!
gorgeous! and I love the cacti!
Thanks, Colin! I figured it would be good to try to keep something alive (other than myself, of course). Can't go wrong with cacti!
Post a Comment