Monday, June 25, 2012

Rewind / Belated Happenings

It's pretty clear that somewhere between Canada and Chicago, I fell off the blogging wagon. Big time!

The past six months have been a mashup of: grad school / new cities / visitors / old cities / packing and moving and storage. Did I mention packing and moving and storage? Because I did enough of that to last me a few years. In fact, the past six months have been so busy that I keep forgetting what year it is (future note: 2012) and keep defaulting to 2011 and 2013 in my mind. In other words, grad school has turned my brain to mush. As a result, I've deemed it more important than ever to get back on the blogging wagon and fill in some of the recent gaps so I at least know where I've been, even if I have to look up the current year.


NEW CITY: Richmond, VA
December 2011: I went to RICHMOND, VA (the state capital) for
the FIRST TIME ever to meet up with my friend, KDB. I also won
the award for the worst Virginian (born and raised and educated).


VISITORS: Courtney's Snowy Visit
January 2012: Courtney came to visit me for my birthday and almost
didn't make it due to snow. But she did (thankfully) and we proceeded
to eat cupcakes all weekend and take no pictures of ourselves together!


OLD CITY: PARIS, FR
March 2012: Spent spring break in Paris courtesy of my wonderful
friend Laurie who put me up in her studio apartment the whole time!
Weather was awesome, food was awesome, city was awesome!


VISITORS: Lisa & Lesley's Culinary Tour of Chicago
May 2012: Lisa and Lesley came to visit for the first time which meant
we had to go to all the requisite Chicago restaurants. Which meant
that we ate ourselves silly all weekend. And it was delicious.



NEW CITY: Milwaukee, WI
May 2012: FINALLY went to MILWAUKEE, WI with Colin to visit
Adrienne (and Kevin)! Milwaukee was awesome (although I slacked on
the picture taking) and Colin and I made sure to visit all the gems en route
from Chicago to Milwaukee like Jelly Belly and Mars Cheese Castle.


MOVING and PACKING and STORAGE: Chicago Apartment
June 2012: With the help of my very patient Dad, we packed up
my Chicago apartment and put (most of) it into storage!


MOVING and PACKING and STORAGE: Chicago to Jordan
June 2012: We then crammed (literally) all the things I will need over the next 15 months into the van and
made the drive back to Arlington. I have been repacking for Jordan into two suitcases ever since!


Photo essays to follow because we all know I like pictures...


No comments: