Monday, September 5, 2011

The Other Hyde Park

After a safe return to Virginia last Tuesday (for a day!), it was off to New York for my cousin Erin's wedding in Hudson, New York. My parents and I left on Thursday to take into account possible road issues from Hurricane Irene and were slightly concerned when we pulled up to our hotel in Middletown on Thursday night and saw these guys:



We thankfully didn't have any issues which meant we had plenty of time to visit FDR's estate in Hyde Park, New York (who is apparently my dad's second favorite president--who knew). It was pretty sweet and they clearly had a tidy sum of money to build and furnish their houses (much like their neighbors, the Vanderbilts)--a stark contrast to the Hyde Park where I live in Chicago!







Up next: Hudson, NY and wedding!

2 comments:

David said...

Ahhh you were literally 12 minutes away from my school if you went to FDR's estate! Sounds like you were plenty busy anyways but hope you enjoyed our humble Mid-Hudson Valley!

Lindsey said...

Oh no!!! Sorry I don't know NY geography very well! I hope the new school year is providing less dramatic than last year :)