Syria gained independence from France in 1946, so the concept of celebrating Bastille Day yesterday (France's independence day) is a bit bizarre. But celebrate we did. I went to the Ambassador's party on Tuesday night (but didn't stay late enough to see the alleged shenanigans) and the all-inclusive celebration at the citadel last night. I have to say that the latter was my favorite because it was more relaxed and there was less pretentious food (hot dogs! corn on the cob! cotton candy! crepes! etc etc). Here is some of the randomness from last night:

| More flags |
| YUM |
| Honestly, not a clue |
| THE Syrian Michael Jackson |
| You have no idea how long I waited for this crepe |
4 comments:
Awesome!! Looks like fun :)
Cool! I gotta say, though. I was hoping for more details of the ambassadors place. Give us the dirt!
Stilts, woman, stilts!! Do they not scream "Bastille Dayyyy!!" to you? Stilts were also extremely popular at the Mermaid Parade here on Coney Island. It was... bizarre. & awesome.
When you come home, you'll come visit over here on the upper East Coast, n'est-ce pas? Tu me manque.
DWK, the Ambassador is an interesting guy and definitely not married. By the end of the night he was allegedly spraying people with bottles of champagne and then somehow ended up in the pool. Not sure why or with who, but those are the rumors...
K-Rush, I can't believe you went to a mermaid parade. Mermaids can't walk!
Post a Comment